The changes shown below were finalized after publication of the 2021-2022 academic catalog.
Civic Literacy Requirement
Prior to the award of an associate in arts or baccalaureate degree, students who enter a Florida College System (FCS) or State University System (SUS) institution in fall 2021 or thereafter must meet the following civic literacy requirements.
Prior to the award of an associate in arts or baccaluareate degree, students who began dual enrollment in the fall of 2021 or thereafter must meet the civic literacy requirements below.
The civic literacy requirements apply to students who are admitted to an FCS baccalaureate degree program as follows:
- Students transferring from another FCS institution and have met the civic literacy requirements in their associate degree are considered to have met the requirements for the baccalaureate degree.
- Students transferring from another FCS institution and have NOT met the civic literacy requriements in their associate degree must meet the requirements for the baccalaureate degree.
- Students transferring from out-of-state must meet the civic literacy requirements for the baccalaureate degree.
Civic Literacy Requirements:
(1) Successfully completing either POS 1041 (American Government) or AMH 2020 (United States History from 1865) with a grade of C or higher
(2) Achieving the standard score on one of the following assessments:
|AP Government and Politics: United States
|AP United States History
|CLEP: American Government
|Statewide Civic Literacy Exam
Accreditation Statement for Physical Therapist Assistant Program
The Physical Therapist Assistant Program at Florida Gateway College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 3030 Potomac Ave., Suite 100, Alexandria, Virginia, 22305-3085; telephone 703-706-3245; email: email@example.com; website: http://www.capteonline.org. The program’s current status is probationary accreditation; for more information, see: https://www.capteonline.org/about-capte/recent-actions-and-updates/recent-actions/public-disclosure-notices. If needing to contact the program/instutitution directly, please call (386) 754-4460 or email Christine.McLaughlin@fgc.edu.