(60 credit hours)
The Digital Media and Design A.S. prepares students to become digital content creators in a world that is constantly being shaped by technology. In our program, you’ll study digital art, animation, motion graphics, drawing/design theories, digital photography, video production and more. Through our project-based curriculum you will not only master the current digital media software, you will have opportunities to work on a wide range of projects, including many for real-world clients. You will use your diverse set of skills to create persuasive messages for a wide range of audience needs.
As the digital economy grows, employers in virtually every industry are seeking well-rounded job candidates who can assist with a wide range of digital needs. The Digital Media and Design A.S. will give you the diverse set of skills you’ll need to succeed in the job marketplace.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will effectively use the elements, and principles, of design to create successful design solutions.
- Students will produce digital illustrations using industry standard graphics software.
- Students will design and create animations / motion graphics to be used in a variety of media outlets (web, video, etc.).
- Students will create digital video segments using appropriate techniques that incorporate a clear message for a targeted audience.
- Students will complete a digital portfolio that will include professional quality work to demonstrate skills in digital media.
The following is a suggested sequence of required courses: